May is my favorite month of the year. It’s my birthday month (I’m turning 30!) and I love all the blooming flowers, birds singing, and blue skies. I won’t be able to do a few things I had planned, but there is still plenty to do on my spring bucket list.
1. Change the soil in my potted plants. Spring is a great time to give houseplants fresh soil. Click here for a great how-to guide.
2. Go on a picnic somewhere new. Last Saturday, we packed a few sandwiches and headed up north for a picnic. The change of scenery was refreshing and we got a nice family photo, too.
3. Make a seasonal dessert from scratch. I’m planning to make fresh lemon cookies this week. It’s my mom’s recipe and I’ll be sure to share it here.
4. Plant new flowers or trees. Now is the time to spruce up your landscaping or garden. If you don’t have an outside space for planting, try some indoor plants (there are a ton of health benefits).
5. Host a digital game night. We had a Zoom family game night last weekend. I wasn’t sure how it would work, but I was pleasantly surprised. We played a few Jackbox games and it was a great time.
6. Paint garden rocks. This is a fun and relaxing thing to do, especially if you have kids. Daphne and I painted a few garden rocks with acrylic paint. Paint is selling out really fast online, but as of today, there is still some available at Joann Fabrics online.
7. Dine al fresco. Eating outside is one of my favorite warm-weather activities.
8. Try a DIY mani/pedi. My favorite color right now is Less Words, More Actions (a bright coral) by Target’s brand Defy & Inspire VitaFit.
9. Make a flower crown. Here’s a great tutorial for using real flowers.
10. Put together a springtime playlist with fresh new songs. I’ll be sharing my picks later this week.
11. Bust out a bright lip color. It’s time to retire the plums and burgundies until the fall. Even though we’re not going too many places right now, getting dressed and wearing makeup always makes me feel better. My favorite pick right now is Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiore, a bright pink.
12. Keep a gratitude journal for 7 days straight. This has helped me stay positive and focused during all the uncertainty.
13. Finish a book. I love to read but I don’t make enough time for it. I bought Where the Crawdads Sing last month and I’m only a few chapters into it. I need to finish it soon, it’s really good!
14. Spring clean my social media accounts. Every so often, I like to change my profile pictures, delete old content, reevaluate who I’m following, etc. Springtime is a great time to bring some fresh perspective into your feed.
15. Create an updated vision board for the rest of the year. This year is going to be very different, but that might be a good thing. I decided to scrap some of the goals I originally set and create a new vision board for 2020.